Criticism and Other Documents
These PDF files can be viewed in Adobe Acrobat. Right click and choose 'Save as...' to save to your personal computer.
- from Falling Into Theory Second Edition, edited by David H. Richter (Boston: Bedford, 2000)
- George Levine, "Reclaiming the Aesthetic"
- Gerald Graff, "Disliking Books at an Early Age" & Terry Eagleton, "The Rise of English"
- Chinua Achebe, "An Image of Africa" & Wilson Harris, "The Frontier on Which Heart of Darkness Stands"
- Roland Barthes, "The Death of the Author"
- Sandra M. Gilbert and Susan Gubar, "The Female Swerve" & Toril Moi, "from Sexual/Textual Politics"
- from James Joyce, Finnegans Wake (New York: Random, 1999)
- from "Ungraspable Phantom": Essays on Moby-Dick, edited by John Bryant, Mary K. Bercaw Edwards, and Timothy Marr (Kent: Kent State University Press, 2006)
- from Perspectives on Cormac McCarthy, edited by Edwin T. Arnold and Dianne C. Luce (Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 1999)